Hi! I'm Mabi Dupasquier
I was raised by Paraguayan parents in Buenos Aires, Argentina, who were strict but supportive and caring. My father taught me the value of kindness and the freedom to pursue my entrepreneurial dreams. Many people would agree that he was the most generous person they had ever known.
My mother taught me to appreciate the beauty in everything and everyone! She is also the one who first instilled in me the importance of having high standards in life and the concept of resilience.
They divorced when I was 12, and during that time, I saw the worst and best in each of them, which makes me eternally grateful to God and the universe for gifting me with such amazing parents.
Growing up, I was sick often, usually with asthma attacks from 5 to 17. That's most likely what made me decide to join a gym that evening in the Spring of 2002!
Fast-forwarding, In 2007, I acquired my certification as a fitness instructor, and in 2009, I received my certification as a personal trainer and nutrition coach. Thousands of people have benefited from my guidance on getting more active and living healthier lifestyles.
After only two years in the fitness industry, I became obsessed with the calories I was eating, labelling them as "good" or "bad," and always wanting to be a few pounds lighter. This is unsurprising, given the industry's emphasis on the "all-or-nothing" mentality.
And this is how, in 2012, I chose to pursue a holistic approach to fitness, focusing on well-being. I started working out for health, understanding that a fabulous physique would follow, and I also eliminated diets from my life.
So, what are your goals in life? Do you wish to be in better shape and/or feel more attractive? Do you want to have a better job or be paid more at your current job? Perhaps start that business you want but don't know how? Do you want to be open to the possibility of finding your soul mate? Or perhaps a more passionate existing one? Remember, you are perfect just the way you are right now, and you already have everything you need. Everything you'll ever need to be, do, and have whatever you want in life is right here. However, I can help you accelerate the process by acting as a catalyst.
Are you up for the journey?
- 2007-2009 I was instructing 20+ classes a week.
- In December 2009, I got my Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach certification so I started to take 1:1 clients. I was working long hours, instructing 2-3 group classes + training 4-5 clients a day.
- 2010 I started to take more 1:1 clients, and I dropped all the group classes but Indoor Cycle, which I enjoyed along with Mountain Biking.
- 2012 Started CrossFit and almost got certified.
- 2015, I met Joey in February!
- December 2015, I moved to Winnipeg-Canada.
- 2016 I took a sabbatical year to adapt to my new home and life with Joey and his kids. And Joey and I got married in June!
- 2017 I applied and got my first job in Winnipeg as a personal trainer in a chain gym.
- 2018 I Founded The Basement-Fitness Coaching and dedicated to it full time pursuing my entrepreneurial dreams.
- 2019 Full-time trainer at The Basement-Fitness Coaching.
- 2020 I got a part-time position at Snap Fitness as a trainer.
- 2021 I launched my online business while still offering In-Person Coaching. I decided to go all-in as a business owner, which has been the best decision I have ever made. My company has skyrocketed, doubling its income from previous years, and my clients have achieved their goals repeatedly.
- Founder at Empowered Femme - Wellness Programs.
- Wellness Mentor & Mindset Coach for women.
- Digital Wellness Courses Creator.